Thursday, April 29, 2010

And it just keeps getting better...

Really?? Are ya' kiddin' me??????  Riley tells me NOW at 9:16 PM (yeah I know...  we're running late tonite, cut me some slack) that he needs to dress like a pirate for school...  TOMORROW!!! WHAT???  He swears he was JUST told about it today.  I doubted him.  Though I must admit, I do not recall seeing any papers about it in the last week.  Urg!
 
But wait..  it gets better...  
 
Brendan, Sydney and Logan (also at the elementary school) confirm Riley's story when they inform me that yep..  they can dress like a pirate tomorrow.  Something about the principal walking the plank.  I vaguely remember something about kids reading books, earning Mr. Hart his walk, blah, blah, blah... However, there was never any mention of anyone dressing like a pirate!!  Maybe I should have known.  I have been a parent for over seventeen years.  And I have had at least one child in school for the last fourteen years.  But it just never occurred to me.
 
So now here it is well after 9 PM and I have to come up with not one but FOUR pirate costumes.  No biggie....  excuse me while I go bang my head against a wall. 
 
Ok..  deep breaths.  Bandanas.  Four four of them.  Clip on faux gold earing.  Two pair.  (one per kid)  What more do they need?  Oh wait..  hahahaha...  Sydney just informed me that she wants a "pirate shirt" and Riley says he wants a gold tooth.  Yeah...  ok...  I'll get right on that.  
 
They are out of their ever lovin' little minds if they think for one second I am going to kill myself coming up with costumes for them when they waited until less then ten hours before they needed them to tell me.  Not happenin'.  Yes I AM an evil Mom. 
 
I'll do the best I can but they best not be expecting miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment