Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Just a little late night.. errr... early morning, bitching...

When might my children stop moaning and groaning every time I ask them to do something. It’s not like I’m asking them to do something incredibly difficult. Earlier I asked Brendan to please load the dishwasher. Not unload it first and then load it. Just load it. I‘d already unloaded it.

You’d have thought I asked him to cut his arm off and feed it to the dog. Thankfully I have perfected my “do NOT mess with today” voice and a killer glare that could burn holes into someone So he loaded the dishwasher. Muttering every so often just under his breath. This was and attempt to engage me in a contest of wills. One I’d have won. So I ignored him and saved him the humiliation.

I love my children. I enjoy them. I love spending time with them. I love seeing the world through their eyes. I have cherished every moment of being a stay at home parent… ok… not every moment.. But most of them.

That being said… I need a break!!!!!!!! Not a day or two. A week!!! TWO weeks!!!!! No kids. No husband. And honestly I don’t need a lot to entertain me either. My lap top (and an internet connection), a TV with cable, food, Icy Tea, cigarettes (shut. up.) and maybe a few bottles of wine. Oh.. And of course. BOOKS! I’ll be happier than a pig in shit.

I’m not opposed to a nice sandy beach with blue water, a couple of cute cabana boys to cater to my every whim and a small town within a short distance for emergencies and provisions when necessary as well. But I can live without that if the first set of conditions is met. Poof… and then I woke up. Keep on dreaming Michelle.

I’m sure someone, somewhere is wishing I’d stop whining… bite me. There are other blogs out there.

Wow… can you tell I am PMSing????? Yikes… now back to your regularly scheduled, PLEASANT, blogs….

No comments:

Post a Comment