Thursday, May 20, 2010

More books...

I'm reading again. Something I haven't taken pleasure in for some time. I just finished Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay. Excellent book. As a general rule I don't enjoy fiction or non-fiction that portrays the Holocaust. I find that the inhumanity and deprivation for human life exhibited in that dark period of history, while it should never be forgotten, is not something I need to hear or read about in detail. But this book grabbed me from the very first chapter. I had a hard time putting it down and finished it in record time even for me.

I'm now reading The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. A personal memoir of her childhood that I find fascinating, if not just a little disturbing. I'm at the midway point and it has me completely hooked.

Highly recommend both of these books!

No comments:

Post a Comment