Friday, September 24, 2010

Cheer Bows, Dr. Phil and what the HECK happened...

...to my life??????

WHEN did my life become a Dr. Phil episode?? Can you imagine the field day that man would have with me???? I LOVE the guy, I do. And I know that isn't a popular point of view and I risk scorn and ridicule by admitting it. But I can't help it. I love his no nonsense approach to everything. (I also think he and Judge Judy would make an awesome team!) I know it's just that no nonsense approach that annoys some people. My theory is, if something anyone says, Dr. Phil or otherwise, offends you, then it may just be that it hit too close to home and you're afraid of the truth. I'm just sayin'..

However, much as I love watching him knock someone down a few notches, I have no desire to be the one he's knocking down. He'd have me in tears inside of five minutes. Not that it takes much to get me blubbering like a two year old. You should see me watching an episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I'm a mess!

But my life would make a good Dr. Phil episode. Hell I'd be a great series for the guy. Neurotic, soon to be single Mom of six, who is afraid of her own damn shadow (but hides it well) and cries over Hallmark commercials and old reruns of The Brady Bunch. Just to name a few of my issues. I've got a million of them.

My tactic, to maintain my tenacious hold on my sanity, as I struggle to make the school dream come true and find some kind of job (or start the whole daycare thing again) is to keep myself busy. Which doesn't sound all that hard. If you're normal. I... am not normal. I have the attention span of a toddler right now. Fifteen minutes, thirty tops, is about the extent of time I can stay focused on any one task or activity. Then the fidgeting starts. I need to get up and move.

I use my iPod a lot. I find crankin' the tunes and dancing around my room (I feel like an idiot admitting that) can soothe me enough that I can return to my task. For another fifteen or thirty minutes. I also maintain that this inane, juvenile behavior also burns calories. And God knows I can afford to lose some of those.

I'm also volunteering for anything and everything I can. CCD teacher, Homeroom Parent and making cheer bows for Sydney's squad. I've finalized my design, have found sources for all of my needed supplies and will start putting it all together as soon as I have everything in hand.

Of course now that I've done that I have the let's get creative bug. I have two new bottle cap colors, hot pink and lime green, as well as a new type of chain for bottle caps necklaces. So I'm going to be cranking out caps quite a bit in the next couple of weeks. I think I'm switching from the liquid resin to adhesive resin drops. It will be much less time consuming and WAY less mess!

So that's me in a nutshell right now. It's Friday night. I'm sitting in my room, several tasks half finished surrounding me and I'm wondering.. what the heck happened to my life????

No comments:

Post a Comment