Friday, November 26, 2010

Stepping out of my comfort zone...

I just sent an application, along with a cover letter, to yet another retail establishment. I didn't ask anyone to proof read or critique my cover letter. I didn't try to talk myself out of sending it. I'm notorious for second guessing myself and continually seeking validation from others. It drives me, and everyone who knows me, to the point of madness.

So tonite I ignored the ever present fear that I was somehow saying something stupid or making a colossal mistake and just went with my own gut on it. Of course, now that it's done I'm wigging a little. Wondering if I should have at least had Deb take a look at things before I sent it. And no, I didn't save a copy (though I did get an e-mail confirmation that the app was received). I was so focused on just sending it that I didn't stop to copy and paste it.

But what's done is done. It's not like I'm applying to be a rocket scientist or neonatal nurse. And my spelling and grammar were impeccable so I have that much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment