Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The things I miss...

The things I miss…

I’ve come to accept the end of my marriage. There are still moments when the enormity of it hits me like a ton of bricks. “Divorce. I’m getting a divorce.” I never thought that statement would ever apply to me. Divorce was something that happened to other people. Now it’s happening to me.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t anxious about what my future holds. I expect that anxiety will be present on and off for quite some time. I’m learning to cope with it. I know it won’t be there forever. I know that there will be joy, success and love in my future.

But there are things I miss. They are little things. Things that most of us take for granted until we don’t have them anymore.

I miss having a lap to lay in while I’m watching TV.

I miss having someone to talk to while I’m cooking dinner.

I miss knowing there is someone waiting for me at home when I‘m away.

I miss sharing my dreams with someone and having them want those things for me.

I miss laying in bed next to someone every night.

I miss looking forward to someone coming home at the end of the day.

I miss having someone to call when I’m excited or sad about something.

I miss walking hand in hand with someone.

I know what you’re thinking. I have my kids. And I love my kids. But it’s not the same as having a life partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment